Hey there! Are you a fan of Boba tea? You know, that super popular and tasty drink with chewy Boba pearls? Well, get ready to be amazed because we’re about to take your love for Boba to a whole new level! Today, we’re going to introduce you to something extraordinary – the incredible Boba Cake recipe!
Just imagine the delightful boba flavor you adore, but this time in a soft and scrumptious cake form. Yes, you heard it right! Boba Cake is a fantastic fusion of boba tea and a classic cake. It’s all the goodness of boba tea, but now in a dessert that will leave you craving for more.
This extraordinary creation features layers of moist cake infused with boba flavors, topped with a dreamy and creamy frosting that replicates the rich taste of boba milk tea. But wait, there’s more! To add an extra burst of fun, we’ll sprinkle chewy boba pearls all over the cake, ensuring every mouthful is an unforgettable adventure.
So, are you excited? Ready to dive into the world of Boba Cake and indulge in this delightful treat? Let’s roll up our sleeves and get started on this incredible baking journey!
What is Boba Cake?
Boba Cake is a special cake that combines boba tea and traditional cake. It’s made of moist cake with boba flavors, and it’s topped with a creamy frosting that tastes like boba milk tea. Plus, we add chewy boba pearls on top for an extra fun texture and flavor in every bite. Whether you love boba or cake, this treat will make you happy!
The Origin of Boba Cake
The idea of Boba Cake originated from the immense popularity of boba tea, especially among dessert enthusiasts. People were looking for innovative ways to enjoy the distinctive flavor of boba pearls, and thus, the concept of Boba Cake was born. The fusion of the chewy pearls and fluffy cake layers, complemented by a creamy frosting, was an instant hit among boba lovers and cake aficionados alike.
Ingredients Required For Boba Cake Recipe
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup milk (whole milk or any milk you like)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cooked and cooled boba pearls
For the Frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Boba Pearls:
- 1/2 cup tapioca pearls
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
|Also read: Sauce for Lobster Ravioli
How To Make Boba Cake Recipe
Step 1: Making Boba Pearls
- Boil 4 cups of water in a saucepan and add the tapioca pearls.
- Let the pearls cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes until they get soft and chewy.
- Pour out the pearls and wash them with cold water.
- In a bowl, mix the cooked pearls with brown sugar so they get a sweet coating. Set them aside.
Step 2: Baking the Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- In a big bowl, mix the softened butter and sugar until it’s creamy and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, taking turns with the milk.
- Begin by adding the flour mix, then end with it as well.
- Gently fold in the cooled boba pearls into the cake batter.
- Split the batter evenly into the two cake pans.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Let the cakes cool on a wire rack.
Step 3: Making the Frosting
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until it gets thick.
- In another bowl, mix the sweetened condensed milk, softened cream cheese, and vanilla extract until it’s smooth.
- Carefully mix the whipped cream with the condensed milk mixture until everything’s well combined.
Step 4: Putting It All Together
- Put one cake layer on a plate or cake stand.
- Spread a good amount of the frosting on top.
- Put the second cake layer on top and frost the whole cake with the remaining frosting, covering the sides and top.
- Now, have fun and put the boba pearls on the frosting’s surface.
- If you want to make it even more delicious, drizzle some boba syrup or sweetened condensed milk on the boba pearls.
Tips and Variations
- You can experiment with different cake flavors like chocolate, green tea, or taro to create unique boba cake variations.
- Add a teaspoon of boba flavoring or essence to enhance the boba taste in the cake layers.
- For a vegan version, replace the eggs with a flaxseed or applesauce egg substitute, and use non-dairy milk and vegan cream cheese for the frosting.
- If you’re short on time, you can use store-bought boba pearls and adjust the sweetness according to your preference.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully created a super tasty Boba Cake that everyone will love. The combination of fluffy cake, creamy frosting, and chewy boba pearls is just amazing. This delightful treat is sure to impress your friends and family, making any occasion extra special. So, the next time you’re looking for a unique and delicious dessert, remember this easy Boba Cake recipe.
Happy baking and enjoy your yummy treat!