Have you ever cooked a mouthwatering brisket for a special occasion, only to find yourself with leftover brisket that you’re not sure what to do with? Don’t worry; we have right and perfect solution for you! Leftover brisket burnt ends are a delightful treat that will have your taste buds dancing with joy. In this blog, we’ll guide you through the simple steps to transform your leftover brisket into tender, flavorful, and crispy burnt ends right in your oven. Get set to wow your loved ones with this simple recipe they’ll love! Make sure to check all the details regarding Leftover Brisket Burnt Ends Oven.
What are Brisket Burnt Ends?
Brisket burnt ends are small, delectable pieces of meat that come from the point end of a smoked brisket. Traditionally, they are prepared by smoking the brisket low and slow until it’s tender and juicy. However, for this recipe, we’ll be using leftover cooked brisket and giving it the burnt end treatment in the oven.
Preparing the Leftover Brisket
Before we get into the oven magic, you’ll need some leftover cooked brisket. If you don’t already have some on hand, it’s a great excuse to cook a brisket specifically for this purpose! Ensure that the brisket is cooked until it’s tender and easily shreddable. Trim off any excess fat and cut the brisket into bite-sized cubes, which will be the base for our burnt ends.
Ingredients You’ll Need
To create these scrumptious burnt ends, you’ll only need a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen:
- Leftover cooked brisket cubes
- BBQ sauce of your choice
- Brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
|Also read: Snoop Dogg Mac and Cheese Recipe
Step-by-Step Instructions For Leftover Brisket Burnt Ends Oven
- Preheat your oven: Begin by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C). This temperature will help caramelize the sugars in the sauce, creating a delicious sticky glaze on the burnt ends.
- Prepare the sauce: In a small saucepan, combine the BBQ sauce, brown sugar, honey, and a tablespoon of butter. Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce is well combined. The sweet and tangy flavors of the sauce will enhance the smokiness of the brisket.
- Toss the brisket cubes: Take your leftover brisket cubes and place them in a large bowl. Pour the warm sauce over the brisket, ensuring that each piece is coated evenly. Allow the meat to marinate in the sauce for about 10-15 minutes, so it absorbs the flavors.
- Arrange on a baking sheet: Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup. Place a wire rack on the baking sheet and arrange the sauced brisket cubes on the rack, ensuring they are spaced out to promote even cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper: Lightly sprinkle some salt and pepper over the brisket cubes. Remember that the BBQ sauce already contains some seasoning, so go easy on the salt.
- Bake in the oven: Pop the baking sheet into the preheated oven and let the brisket cubes bake for 30-40 minutes. Keep a watchful eye to avoid overcooking. We aim for a crispy exterior while keeping the insides tender and juicy. The perfect balance for delightful burnt ends!
- Baste with sauce: After the first 15 minutes of baking, take the brisket cubes out of the oven and baste them with the remaining sauce. Basting the brisket cubes with sauce during cooking will keep them juicy and packed with delicious flavors.
- Finish under the broiler: Once the brisket cubes are beautifully caramelized, remove them from the oven and give them a final touch. Set your oven to broil and place the cubes back in for 1-2 minutes, allowing the burnt ends to get that perfect crispy finish.
- Serve and enjoy: Take out the brisket burnt ends from the oven, and let them rest for a few minutes. Then, serve these delectable treats as a mouthwatering appetizer, a tasty snack, or a delightful main course accompanied by your favorite sides.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully transformed your leftover brisket into irresistible burnt ends using just your oven. This simple yet flavorful recipe is a fantastic way to enjoy the tender goodness of brisket in a new and exciting form. So, the next time you have some brisket leftovers, don’t hesitate to whip up this easy and delicious dish. Whether you’re hosting a party or enjoying a cozy dinner at home, leftover brisket burnt ends are sure to be a hit with everyone!
Remember, cooking is all about experimentation, so feel free to adjust the sauce ingredients to suit your taste preferences. Enjoy the flavors, the process, and the satisfied smiles of your delighted guests as they savor this delightful treat. Happy cooking!